Loud Phrase that Pays
The following are the rules governing the “Loud Phrase that Pays” contests broadcast on WLOA-AM 1470AM & W272EI 102.3 FM, owned by Over/Under, LLC based in Youngstown, OH or through its website www.loud1023.com and related stream players (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Loud 102.3”), unless otherwise specified. It is also important to read the General Contest Rules below as well.
Dates of Contest: Weekdays from May 3, 2021 through May 28, 2021.
Prizes: Up to twenty (20) prizes will be awarded, one per day. Each correct answer is worth $25 (Twenty-Five Dollars) (“Prize”) up to a maximum of $125 (One Hundred and Twenty-Five Dollars) per entry. Total cash prize possible during the Dates of Contest is $2,500.00 Value of each Prize ranges from – $25 to $125 in $25 increments.
How To Win: On weekdays, beginning from Monday May 3, 2021, and ending Friday May 28, 2021, sometime during the 5pm hour Loud 102.3 will solicit for contestants to play the Loud Phrase that Pays. When solicited be the tenth caller to call 330-333-9904 to play. You will have 10 second to say the phrase “Loud One Oh Two Three is Youngstown’s Hip Hop Station” (Loud 102-3 is Youngstown’s Hip Hop Station). For each correct time saying the phrase, up to 5 times, you will receive $25. You must say the phrase exactly for it to count as a correct answer. You can say play until the time expires. Prizes are awarded subject to the potential winner complying with all of these terms, conditions and rules in full.
Contest Specific Rules and Details
- Loud 102.3 has, at its discretion, the right to determine if a caller was caller #10. No correspondence or discussions will be entertained and the Loud 102.3 decision is final.
- Loud 102.3 has, at its discretion, the right to determine if a phrase was said correctly. No correspondence or discussions will be entertained and the Loud 102.3 decision is final.
- Each winner of “Loud Phrase that Pays” can only win one time during the duration of the contest.
- Each winner agrees to accept a check in lieu of cash, even if cash is temporarily provided to the winner by Loud 102.3 for purposes of a photograph.
- In the event that there is not a caller #10 or caller #10 is deemed to be ineligible to win there will be no prize awarded during that round of the contest.
- Personal friends and associates of Loud 102.3 are ineligible to play the contest. Employees and interns of Loud 102.3, Loud 102.3’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Loud 102.3 main studio at 131 W. Boardman St., Younstown, OH, 44503, are not eligible to win the contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
- Loud 102.3 may at any time during the promotion and in its absolute discretion, terminate or suspend the competition.
- In addition to these “contest specific rules”, unless otherwise specified herein, all of the “standard rules” governing contests broadcast on Loud 102.3 also apply; and such standard rules can be found online at https://loud1023.com/contest-rules/, or made available in person during normal business hours at the Loud 102.3 studio at 131 W. Boardman St., Younstown, OH, 44503
Standard Contest Rules
The following are the standard rules governing all contests broadcast on Loud 102.3 FM, WLOA and W272EI, owned by Over/Under, LLC and based in Youngstown, OH, or through its website www.loud1023.com and related stream players (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Loud 102.3”), unless otherwise specified.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any Loud 102.3 contest.
2. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
3. By participating in the contest or accepting or utilizing any prize, you agree to these rules.
4. To be eligible to win any prize through Loud 102.3 you must not have won anything through Loud 102.3 in the past thirty (30) days or won any prize through Loud 102.3 valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more in the past six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted within thirty (30) days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible person will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
5. Anytime you call Loud 102.3 you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant Loud 102.3 permission to broadcast or webcast the call or record it for later broadcast or webcast and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
6. As a winner of a Loud 102.3 contest your voice, name, likeness, character and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, webcast or Internet purposes and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
7. All winners and prize recipients must sign a release agreement to accept a prize.
8. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Loud 102.3 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value for any reason and at its sole discretion. Inability to accept or deliver a prize will result in forfeiture.
9. All contest winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Loud 102.3 studio prior to claiming any prize. All winners will be sent a 1099-MISC federal tax form if in one (1) calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds six hundred dollars ($600). Any valuation of a prize is based on information provided to Loud 102.3 and shall be determined in Loud 102.3’s discretion.
10.If a prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, an automobile or other transportation, the winner(s) is responsible for all taxes, expenses, tags, title, licensing and registration fees and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize. Winners agree to all blackout periods, space availability requirements, etc., as stated by Loud 102.3 and contest prize partners, which shall include hotels, airlines, train travel, ship/boat travel, etc. Each winner and prize recipient agrees that by traveling in connection with a prize from Loud 102.3 they do so on their own initiative, risk and liability.
11.Loud 102.3 does not warrant any of the products, materials, or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is”.
12.In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Loud 102.3’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Loud 102.3 awarding the prize to the winner. Loud 102.3 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Loud 102.3 shall not be liable for any claim by any contestant or winner for damages incidental thereto.
13.All Loud 102.3 contests are open to all eligible residents of Ohio eighteen (18) years or over (unless otherwise specified). Participants and winners must be U.S. residents and use their true, legal name. In the event a contest is open to minors it shall be for minors aged thirteen (13) or older, and a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, Loud 102.3 reserves the right to refuse a prize to any minor.
14.Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Loud 102.3 that will be presented to Loud 102.3 and accepted before the prize is awarded.
15.Employees and interns of Loud 102.3, Loud 102.3’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Loud 102.3 main studio at 131 W. Boardman St. Suite B Youngstown, OH 44503 are not eligible to win any contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
16.Winners will be expected to claim all prizes at the Loud 102.3 studio located 131 W. Boardman St. Suite B Youngstown, OH 44503 between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within thirty (30) days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date or earlier event date on the prize, which will be specifically stated. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
17.All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
18.Loud 102.3 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way, or if Loud 102.3 determines, in its sole discretion, the winner tampered with the entry process, the operation of the contest, or acted in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect of the contest. If a winner cannot be timely contacted by Loud 102.3 or is disqualified for any reason, Loud 102.3 reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
19.Loud 102.3 assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered. Loud 102.3, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, officers, members, employees, agents and immediate family of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. Contest participants and winners, on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, hereby fully and forever remise, release and discharge Loud 102.3 and Loud 102.3’s affiliates, successors, assigns, and their respective directors, members, stockholders, officers, employees and agents of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities, of whatsoever kind or nature, in law, equity, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether concealed or hidden, which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to the contest.
20.All participants and winners indemnify and hold forever harmless Loud 102.3 and each of Loud 102.3’s respective agencies, agents, officers, members, employees, affiliates, and assigns, for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages, or causes of action, arising from or in connection with participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
21.Loud 102.3 reserves the right to interrupt, end or modify a contest or promotion at any time (and not award the offered prize) and to amend the rules to any contest at any time, and to do all of the foregoing without additional notice or compensation.
22.For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 330-333-9904.
23.Loud 102.3 has the final and indisputable decision as to who is the winner. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, or questions regarding any contest or prize is subject to the sole discretion of Loud 102.3.
24.Loud 102.3 shall have no responsibility for contestants’ inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on busy signals, inadvertent disconnection, malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or Internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Loud 102.3’s control. Loud 102.3 disclaims all liability for any delays, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Loud 102.3 is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind.
25.If a contest is a call-in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest.
26.In the event two (2) individuals with the same name participate, only the individual who is verified by a home address that identically matches the information on the entry drawn or selected by Loud 102.3 shall be the winner.
27.The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Loud 102.3:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Loud 102.3 as defined at the exclusive discretion of Loud 102.3.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not Loud 102.3’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on Loud 102.3’s website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of Loud 102.3’s programs that are heard over the Internet, contests may not be heard at all, or may be delayed from the time the contests are heard on the radio broadcast station, and will be running behind the radio broadcast signal. Therefore, when Loud 102.3 contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10”), Internet listeners may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests through the radio broadcast signal.
28.In no event will Loud 102.3 or any sponsors, participating promotional companies or prize providers or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
29.For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by the date that is thirty (30) days after the contest ended to “Loud 102.3 Winner’s List”, at 131 W. Boardman Ave Suite B
Youngstown OH 44503.
30.A copy of these rules are available during normal business hours at the Loud 102.3 studio at 131 W. Boardman Ave Suite B
Youngstown OH 44503.